(1 hour later...)
Based on following Kelli's instructions, my headache had subsided and I felt like a wet noodle! And, yes, I'm reminded I should get regular massages to prevent this from happening again... and go back two or three more times in the next couple of weeks for more massage because my knots are so large and so deep... :-((( yay me!!
After my experience today, I thought that I should share my secrets with you all once again. Because I know there are many others out there, who just like me, are doing too much and not taking time for themselves. So, here goes:
My recommendations for high stress, anxiety, muscle tension, and/or headaches:
1. Schedule a massage at a local spa with someone who understands the musculature of the body and can recognize imbalances and where all those crazy knots are!!
2. Request hot stones be used in your massage treatment, if possible, to help relax the deep muscle tissue.
3. Relax! And don't be afraid to tell your massage therapist if the pressure is too deep or too light.
4. After the massage, go home and take a warm bath for 20-30 minutes with the following Clovertree products:
- 1 cup of Muscle Relief Bath Salts
- 2 droppers full of Arnica Therapy Oil
- 2 droppers full of St. John's Wort Therapy Oil
|Muscle Relief Salts|
|Arnica Therapy Oil|
|St. John's Wort Therapy Oil|
|Muscle Relief Balm|
7. Apply a heat pack over your shoulders or over the affected sore muscle area for 20 minutes. You can repeat this step at bedtime as well and the next few days as needed. I recommend Sonoma Lavender for herbal neck wraps:
8. Drink some chamomile tea before bed for further relaxation. It works wonders! I personally love Choice Organic Teas:
*Note: for extremely tense/knotted muscle tissue, repeat the bath, muscle balm and heat pack nightly.
til next time,